Lake Ontario Championship Canada Series
Which team will be THE BEST this year? Who can balance skill, knowledge, ego and maybe add in some luck? The Lake Ontario Championship Series is designed to reward the most consistent fishing team on Lake Ontario, including the Canadian waters. The winning team will be considered the best team on the Lake that year!
GLSE has created an annual competitive event for all Lake Ontario anglers to participate in. LOCS is the premiere championship series event for all of Lake Ontario.
In 2020, GLSE will track all scores from the events listed and tally those scores as the season goes. We will use the top 3 scores from all events fished to determine the winner.
The LOCS puts emphasis on all major events held in Canada.
There will be no entry fees required for DII. You are automatically entered upon competing in one of the listed tournaments.
Division II Defined...
- There are no requirements or limitations on who qualifies. The event is free and all scores tracked.
- Recreational and charter boats are treated equally.
There is no second chance in DII.
Entry Fee: FREE
Overall Winner: $500 cash plus $200 min. in sponsor prizes
Runner Up: $200.00 check and $100 min. in sponsor prizes.
- Winner will also reveive a BIG championships series check.
(GLSE reserves the right to use the winning team pictures and related press for further promotion of the LOCS)
Download a copy of the rules - Click Here
- 1. Teams are entered automatically when they enter that tournament. No entry or fees required.
- 2. There is no limit on events that teams can fish. GLSE will pick that teams best (3) finishes that season to determine the winner.
- 3. Teams can enter all divisions if they choose.
- 4. Team scores will be updated within a reasonable amount of time after each event.
- 5. Boats and team mates can vary.
- 6. There will be 1 overall winner and one runner up winner for each division II race. A team can possibly win both DI and DII.
- 7. LOCS will use all posted tournament scores that are determined to be final.
- 8. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the team that entered the least amount of events overall. If that still does not determine the overall winner, then we will honor each as co-champions for that year.
- 9. All teams are required to abide by the tournament rules that they are participating in.
- 10. Any captains or teams that were disqualified from any events (qualifying or non-qualifying tournaments) during the year for reasons including, but not limited to cheating, will be reviewed for possible disqualification from the LOCS. No refunds will be given if disqualified.
- 11. All participants in the LOCS acknowledge, when entering, that they will hold harmless all officers, directors, sponsors and affiliates of the LOCS/GLSE.
- 12. All participants, when accepting prizes or checks, are agreeing to allow the GLSE to use any press, video, and/or photographs to promote the LOCS.
- 13. W-9's and 1099 forms (or equivalents) are required by law for US and CND teams.